Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chickie tricks! (Err...maybe it's just singular.)

We let the chicks out of their "home" (a.k.a., the bathtub in the second bathroom) and put them on a blanket in the living room.  They seemed to like it a lot.  Much more freedom and it was a whole new world for them.  We also discovered a fun little trick by accident.  I made a circle with my thumb and pointer finger and Millie started pecking through it.  (Most likely because it reminds them of their feeder.)



Also, today while I was working out, I heard Millie's crying chirp.  It's the one she does when we take Gertie away for too long and she is sad.  When I heard her, I instantly knew...she got out of the tub.  I open the door and sure enough, there she is standing in the middle of the floor, looking so innocent and sad, with a big ol' pile of poo behind her.  Of all the birds in the world, Millie, who is afraid to use her wings, actually figured out how to fly out of the tub.  Shocked and maybe slightly proud she finally figured it out.  Never underestimate the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment