Thursday, November 1, 2012

3 days old

It's hard to believe it but though Millie and Gertie are only 3 days old, they have grown so much!  They're both starting to get feathers on their wings, so they keep preening.  Soon they won't have that cute little baby fluff we love so much.

I've had to clean Gertie quite a bit the last couple of days (pasting - it's gross, google it if you want), and when I take her out of their "home," Millie starts chirping like crazy.  She's a bit protective, I guess.

Gertie is much calmer and okay with people holding her, which is probably a product of me having to hold her more to clean.  Millie is still kind of jumpy if she hasn't been around people for awhile.  But both calm down and fall asleep sooooo fast if you hold them for a few seconds.  It's really adorable.  We tried to capture it on video for you...

P.S. - Last night, I checked on them about a dozen times to make sure they were still breathing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment