Sunday, November 4, 2012

6 days old = training wheels WINGS!

No matter how many times I look at the baby chicks, it never gets old. They're just an unlimited supply of adorable and they always make me smile. I LOVE them. Millie is still a nervous-Nelly, but she's starting to come around. Her wings are starting to look like how Gertie's looked on day 3. She's just a late bloomer. :)
Fluffy wings!

And big girl Gertie is training to fly...temporarily of course.   Adult chickens are terrible flyers as you know, but when they're young they are pretty good, probably because they weigh so little.

And the BEST part of the day was getting Gertie to perch on my hand without squirming and her being brave enough to jump off and fly back home.  This literally made me giddy.



P.S. - Don't mind the poop, lol.  They are poop machines and I feel like their production schedule is growing exponentially.  Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment